[adelie-devel] Re: Weekly Status Report: 2019-08-18

From: U'll Be King of the Stars <ullbeking_at_andrewnesbit.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 17:42:36 +0100

On 19/08/2019 16:11, A. Wilcox wrote:
> Currently, we have verified correct operation on two
> of our Tier 1 architectures: ppc, and pmmx. We hope to finish testing
> on the other Tier 1 architectures today, and then 1.0-BETA4 will be
> ready for release!

Woohoo!! How cool is this!

:D

I'm blocked on a few other things but I am excited to return to Adélie.
It's a natural fit for me, that is, to invest time learning more of its
details and, in particular, customizing it to function as a.) my primary
development system; and b.) a kind of thin client into my servers where
more of jobs involving heavy lifting are happening.

A corebooted X230 with Adélie on the bare metal would be perfect.

Eventually I'll fix my PowerBook G4. Then I'll use it in addition to
the X230 or instead of the X230. Whatever is most useful to the
development team with regards to experimentation and testing.

(A. Wilcox: I will look back through our logs becaue you already
explained where the effort would probably best be spent.)

Either way, announcements like this make me excited. Adélie Linux
reminds me of the joyful things about software engineering that inspired
me to pursue it full time in the first place, 20-25 years ago. The
community is wonderful too.

Congratulations to the Adélie Linux team on this release.

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9