[adelie-project] Re: Splitting debug packages into separate repositories

From: Max Rees <maxcrees_at_me.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 16:41:21 -0400

On Jul 01 11:08 AM, A. Wilcox wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to formally suggest that we take our -dbg packages and put
> them in a split repository, such as system-debug and user-debug.
>
> Non-stratum 1 mirrors could choose whether or not to mirror these as
> well. This would take a significant amount of disk space pressure off
> of stratum 2/3 mirrors.

Just to clarify - this would mean that stratum 1 mirrors are still
required to mirror dbg packages, right?

This was my primary concern when I was reading this thread, but if this
is the case then I think this is a good idea, especially with creating
the package that adds the file in repositories.d/.

Max