[adelie-users] installin Adelie / LXQT on an ibook G3 500 dual 512 \MB ???????

From: Art Grandi <wanwalk2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2018 21:48:52 +0000

Hej

Adelie was recommended to me by a veteran on Gentoo ppc forum.

They have helped me with the installation of Gentoo on it, which has been
my main activity during my leisure time for the last 3 years. Well I did
have some success in installing, and recently i even got to run XFCE4 a
couple ays but then i tried to change my wallpaper and since then i have
been fighthin for a few months trying to run Xorg again to beguin there.

My Gentoo is running in cmd line and i don't want to loose it before i Fix
it.

But i am very curious about Adelie and i did run it from the CD (or maybe
it was aDVD)once but i never got out of cmd mode and i thought i could not
have a desktop there. At the time I had problems findin Adelies
documentation. Today i had some time to look into Adelie again and found
more information but I did not find any information on how to proceed to
install and start LXQt which woul be my choice.

on another level: I would like to try installing Adelie on a USB or on a
external HD on a trial basis in order to preserve my Gentoo untill i can
decide what runs better on my ibook.

Can you provide some counsel ?

Congrat on your brave work !

greetings