[adelie-users] Re: can't find documentation for install from full cd

From: Antonio Maccagnan <amc252_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 14:14:00 -0700

Thanks,

that's nice to know for us laptop users.
If I might add my two cents on firmware, I love the way Debian installer scan your hardware, identifies just what drivers you really need and offers to install them (either from their firmware version or a file you provide on say a USB).
It very neat and minimal, installs a few mb rather than a hundred.
Among the distro I have tried, it's the only one with this approach.
Some say it's best to install all bunch of firmware just in case one changes some components in the future, but I find this way better, perhaps because I use laptops and also because one can always install the firmware for the new hardware if the need arises.

Best.

Antonio