[adelie-users] Re: x86_64_RC1 full install CD not booting

From: Max Rees <maxcrees_at_me.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 15:05:21 -0500

On Thu May 21 03:33 PM, Sanjay Mysore wrote:
> Hello
> contents of the CD (.ISO image burned) are
> 1. Boot folder (grub)
> 2. system folder
> 3. bzimage_x86_64 (is this the one that should boot)
> 4. efi.img
> 5. initrd_x86_64 zip file
> 6. x86_64squash.fs
>
> This CD does not boot. Kindly clarify if the contents listed above on this
> Cd is correct or something is missing

Can you elaborate on what you mean by it "does not boot"? Do you at
least see a GRUB menu at some point? Are you running this in legacy/BIOS
mode or EFI mode on the machine in question?

There is a known bug[1] for EFI boot in our images, so it could be that.
That bug essentially results in the kernel not being able to display
anything because GRUB is misconfigured in the ISOs.

Max

[1] https://code.foxkit.us/adelie/image/merge_requests/5