[adelie-users] Re: x86_64_RC1 full install CD not booting

From: Max Rees <maxcrees_at_me.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 00:35:13 -0500

On Sat May 23 09:47 AM, Sanjay Mysore wrote:
> If the .ISO image does not boot, how do we users who are curious about this
> new distro, check it out?
> Beta4, RC1 both iso are like this...this will kill interest of curious
> users like me
> Will the .iso be rebuilt and released or not?
> Two of my CD's wasted

I'm sorry to hear that, but it is a release candidate after all. Bugs
are expected and I thank you for finding this problem. I will try to
play with it in QEMU (I guess LibreBoot ships ROMs that you can use with
it). You have to keep in mind we have limited manpower, and none of us
have LibreBoot systems (which is why this issue was not found until now,
by you).

You could try the same CDs you already burned on a different machine
that isn't LibreBooted, or try it out in QEMU yourself.

Max