[adelie-users] Re: Live CD: After login as root or live, what next

From: Max Rees <maxcrees_at_me.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 17:51:00 -0500

On Wed Jun 17 10:53 PM, Sanjay Mysore wrote:
> Hello
> I want to install Adelie on my Desktop, intel pentiumD bios
> After the live CD boots and we log into zsh shell, what next?
> After login as root, how to run the installer?
> Tried to explore the live CD by logging in as live. Just drops into zsh.
> What next?

The automated installer (Project Horizon) is still a work in progress.
It is expected to be released in the RC2 ISO sometime in the next month
or two. Until then, there are instructions on how to manually install on
the wiki:

https://wiki.adelielinux.org/wiki/HOWTO:Manually_install_Ad%C3%A9lie_Linux

> Documentation is non-existent for live CD
> It says refer /usr/share/doc/handbook
> There is no handbook in /usr/share/doc

The handbooks have not been packaged yet - this is one of the last items
before 1.0-STABLE that needs to be completed. They are however available
on the web:

https://help.adelielinux.org/

Max