[adelie-users] Re: no wireless connection after install

From: <wastelander1972_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 15:13:32 +0000

I'm not sure why Plasma isn't
> detecting CK2; it's possible they removed support in 5.18. If someone
> has time to inspect that, it would be helpful.

I think that they still support it, indeed Obarun is a systemd-free build that uses CK2 and they offer a working 5.19 Plasma. They experienced the same issue once (CK2 not started by sddm, power buttons disappeared) and they fixed it with a new sddm release. It really looks like sddm is not able to start CK2, and unfortunately the sddm devs have decided to drop CK2 and switch to elogind without any further support upstream (https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/173). Also, inspecting the sddm.log, I noticed that trying to shut down or reboot the system from the buttons, a warning appears:

DAEMON: QDBusConnection: warning: blocking call took a long time (481 ms, max for this thread is 200 ms) to service "org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" path "/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager" interface "org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager" member "CanPowerOff"

Hope this helps,
best