[adelie-users] Re: Installing on a G5

From: Fungi4All <fungilife_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 01:11:40 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, February 6, 2021 8:38 PM, Tres Finocchiaro <tres.finocchiaro(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to install Adelie PPC64, but it seems the OS has a strict internet connectivity requirement, which I can not seem to get past.

% ip a

will reveal the names of your interfaces, I always boot any linux with net.ifnames=0 which results in eth0 eth1 ... wlan0 .. etc.
there is an ip command that enables an interface ip link add .... but I can't recall, I use ifconfig
# ifconfig eth0 up (where eth0 is a common ethernet interface name)
I believe dhcpcd is part of the base group of packages installed
# dhcpcd eth0

> All three adapters show up in the OS, none seem to be usable.  The wiki for configuring DHCP doesn't seem to apply to the live CD (and I can't find the password anyway) but happy to go down that route if needed.

I use the x86-64 images for years and user is live no password, root password is live, so try it.
Sudo may not be installed so to run root commands you should use su or login: root pw: live

I hope it helps by the time official help comes, I'm just another casual user.