[Horizon] Re: Unresolved requirements issues

From: Kiyoshi Aman <kiyoshi.aman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 07:27:22 -0400

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 6:53 AM A. Wilcox <awilfox(a)adelielinux.org> wrote:
> UI.Packages.Size

Is split-/usr even that common any more? I know the systemd crowd have
been pushing to fold /bin and /sbin in to /usr/bin and /usr/sbin, to
the point of creating symlinks at install-time.

> UI.Accounts.UserAcct.AcctName.Default.Algo

The norm for most other installers is to use the first name only, but
this (obviously) only works for Western names. I know macOS uses the
full string, which is probably preferable—and we probably want to
encourage people to use just their given/preferred name and not their
full/legal name, to avoid having to think about it.

As for Latinization, does PAM really not support Unicode usernames? We
can set up an appropriate input mechanism (by asking for the preferred
keyboard layout) when the user specifies their language. That
information can be used to set up the installed layout configuration,
too.

> UI.Finish.RemoveMedia

What Ubuntu and Fedora do for this step is prompt to remove the
install media as part of the shutdown process post-install. That
should be sufficient for us, too.

> HorizonScript Specification: netssid.format

For a laptop or other mobile device, I'd say it's valid, especially if
it's a business laptop one uses at home and at the office, which isn't
that uncommon a configuration.

> Runner.Execute.netaddress.OpenRC

If no network configuration is provided by the script, don't bother
setting one up—it might not be intended to be networked, or the user
might be expected to do it during a first-time configuration (as with
OEM Windows installs).

> Runner.Execute.network.netaddress

It might be worthwhile to have a 'network.check' key which points to a
URL for network testing; if not present but network configuration
*is*, perhaps a default HTTP request to a public domain would be
sufficient.

-- Kiyoshi