[adelie-devel] Re: Upcoming changes to 1.0-BETA3 and packager notes

From: A. Wilcox <awilfox_at_adelielinux.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 02:59:34 -0600

On 02/26/19 17:07, A. Wilcox wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We will be conducting a test build of all packages using gcc8 on all
> builders, beginning this morning UTC (approximately four hours after
> this email is sent).
>
> This mass-rebuild may take up to four days. During this time, no
> changes will be possible. Package bumps, security fixes, and new
> packages will not be merged.

That window was a bit off, but the mass-rebuild of system/ has finished.
 All architectures passed, and GCC 8 is now live in system/!

We have also merged changes from Luis (aranea) that change all URLs to
HTTPS where possible. Additionally, all packages are now being built
with abuild 3.3.1+adelie, which means checkroot is now off by default.

Now that these changes have merged, we are now going back to regular
development mode. The MR queue is a bit full - 8 unmerged in the last
10 days. Therefore, work will focus on that for today (Friday).

Monday will begin our Firefox Quantum push in earnest. Help is also
welcome for the arch kernel configurations; if you would like to take an
arch, please feel free to reach out on IRC. I've already taken ppc and
ppc64; djt has taken x86_64 and pmmx/i586.

Best,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)