[adelie-users] Re: can't find documentation for install from full cd

From: Fungi4All <fungilife_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 21:17:43 +0000

On Monday, March 11, 2019 7:05 AM, Antonio Maccagnan <antoniomaccagnan(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> this is the way I was able to install Adelie from the full beta2 iso on my two laptops, old compaq presario 32 bit with broadcom wifi card (driver b43) and dell inspiron 64 bit with intel wifi (driver iwlwifi).
>
> first off, on the dell the 64 bit .iso won't boot, so at the grub menu I did:
>
> > c (to get the menu)
> > ls (to see partitions, my usb was fd)
> > set root=(fd,1)
> > chainloader +1
> > boot
>
> once I logged in as root I followed some of the steps in the manual but some won't work, so, to install on the sda8 partition already formatted, I did:
>
> ount /dev/sda8 /target

mount not ount
> Antonio Maccagnan antoniomaccagnan(a)gmail.com
>
> Adélie Users mailing list -- adelie-users(a)lists.adelielinux.org
> To unsubscribe send an email to adelie-users-leave(a)lists.adelielinux.org

It seems as Adelie is heading towards the libre route, undeclared maybe, but non-free blobs are not by default included
Wifi free software I believe only exist for atheros chipped wifi cards. You can run a non-free repeater and connect to it through ethernet and still have a free system.
For a while I had to use wifi as my only source of connection to the internet and it was a pain, but eventually I discarded it and all software related to wifi.