[adelie-users] Re: can't find documentation for install from full cd

From: Antonio Maccagnan <antoniomaccagnan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 22:05:12 -0700

hello,

this is the way I was able to install Adelie from the full beta2 iso on my two laptops, old compaq presario 32 bit with broadcom wifi card (driver b43) and dell inspiron 64 bit with intel wifi (driver iwlwifi).

first off, on the dell the 64 bit .iso won't boot, so at the grub menu I did:
>c (to get the menu)
>ls (to see partitions, my usb was fd)
>set root=(fd,1)
>chainloader +1
>boot

once I logged in as root I followed some of the steps in the manual but some won't work, so, to install on the sda8 partition already formatted, I did:

# ount /dev/sda8 /target
# mkdir -p /target/etc/apk
# cp -r /etc/apk/keys /target/etc/apk/
# mkdir -p /target/etc/apk
# cp -r /etc/apk/keys /target/etc/apk/
# apk --root /target --initdb add (You will see: OK: 0 MiB in 0 packages)
# cp /etc/apk/repositories /target/etc/apk/
# apk --root /target update
# cd /packages/<packages subdir> (x64 on 64 bit and pmmx on 32 bit)
# apk --root /target --allow-untrusted add *.apk (to install all packages)
# cp -PRr /target/usr/share/openrc/runlevels /target/etc/
# cp -p /etc/shells /target/etc/
# cp -p /etc/resolv.conf /target/etc/
(since nano is not available in the installer and I dislike vim I skipped creating fstab now)
# echo adelie> /target/etc/hostname
# reboot

I got into my usual distro, mounted -wr /dev/sda8 on /mnt/sda8 and:
copied my working /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf to /mnt/sda8/etc/wpa_supplicant/
copied my working /lib/firmware to/mnt/sda8/lib/
created /mnt/sda8/etc/fstab file adding the right UUID from blkid
update grub

rebooted into adelie and:

# modprobe b43 (on 32 bit, iwlwifi on 64)

since my wifi card on wlan0 was not detected and there was no /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 file I did this:

# cp /etc/init.d/net.lo /root
# mv net.lo /etc/init.d/net.wlan0
# ln -s /etc/init.d/net.lo /etc/init.d/net.wlan0
# rc-update add net.wlan0 default
# service net.wlan0 start
# ping google.com (yeah!)

From there on is still all to be seen, but Adelie is installed and connected.

Best.

Antonio

--
Antonio Maccagnan <antoniomaccagnan(a)gmail.com>