[adelie-users] no wireless connection after install

From: <wastelander1972_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 10:23:42 +0000

Hi, I have successfully installed Adelie on my Lenovo laptop, but there is no active wireless interface. The rfkill command did list a Lenovo wlan unblocked interface, however dhcpcd wlan0 fail to detect it. Also, I have noticed that the whole /usr/lib/firmware folder was missing, so I tried to download and extract the linux-firmware package to that location. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem, it looks like the system is not able to load any firmware. My laptop ships with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 Controller, an Intel i5-4258U processor and a dual gfx card Radeon R5 M230/Intel Iris Graphics 5100. Thanks in advance.