[adelie-users] How to dual boot OSX or OS9 with Adelie Linux?

From: Shinichi Kudo <randomshinichi4869_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:28:53 +0200

I have an iBook G3 and G4 that I'd both like to dualboot with. But there
aren't any docs online that tell you how dualboot, or even how to
install/configure the bootloader. Can someone walk me though the process?

Is yaboot still used these days? To my knowledge, I cannot ask OS9 to
resize its own partition. How can I do this with the Live CD? And is
there a good explanation of the small partitions that always come with
every Mac OS installation? These "driver partitions" or something. Why
do we need a separate /boot partition? I've seen plenty of Ubuntu
installations that had /boot filled up with old kernel versions and
since the owners didn't know anything about computers, they didn't
remove the old kernel versions and apt-get would always fail.

Thanks,

Andrew