[adelie-users] Re: no wireless connection after install

From: Max Rees <maxcrees_at_me.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 19:43:19 -0500

On Sat Jun 27 10:23 AM, wastelander1972(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I have successfully installed Adelie on my Lenovo laptop, but
> there is no active wireless interface. The rfkill command did list a
> Lenovo wlan unblocked interface, however dhcpcd wlan0 fail to detect
> it. Also, I have noticed that the whole /usr/lib/firmware folder was
> missing, so I tried to download and extract the linux-firmware package
> to that location. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem, it looks
> like the system is not able to load any firmware. My laptop ships with
> an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 Controller, an Intel i5-4258U
> processor and a dual gfx card Radeon R5 M230/Intel Iris Graphics 5100.
> Thanks in advance.

First of all, sorry about your messages getting stuck in the moderation
queue. The reason was that you're not subscribed to the list, and nobody
was watching the queue to see them getting put there.

If you manually install firmware, it needs to go into /lib/firmware, not
/usr/lib/firmware.

You can also install the "linux-firmware-other" package from APK Fission
for your wireless card. Future ISOs will include these firmware packages
with the user's option to utilize them or not. You would want to add
these repositories:

http://distfiles.apkfission.net/adelie/current/main/
http://distfiles.apkfission.net/adelie/current/nonfree/

More information can be found on APK Fission's installation page.

https://apkfission.net/install.html

Max