[adelie-users] Re: PowerBook G4 install, How to start networking...

From: Fungi4All <fungilife_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:54:05 +0000

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 8:10 PM, <smnbldwn(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Adelie Live DVD boots on my PowerBook G4 1.67GHz and is really impressive but when I try to run Horizon to install it, I can't get it to connect to the Internet. It detects the ethernet adapter (eth0) but I cannot get it to turn on and connect using DHCP. When I try stuff like ifconfig eth0 up I just get error messages. Am I missing something or is the Live DVD missing something?

Are you running the commands as root or with sudo? Remember adelie has /sbin /usr/sbin etc. on its directory structure that don't appear in the path of the user shell.

What is the output of "ip a" "ifconfig" and "ifconfig eth0 up" where you get the error? How do you have dhcp running? Do you run it manually or is it a running service/daemon etc.?