[adelie-users] Re: Adélie Linux 1.0-RC2 install issue on a PowerBook G4

From: Samuel Holland <samuel_at_sholland.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 22:20:05 -0500

Hello,

On 10/28/20 8:18 AM, pembers_uk(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I’m very new to Linux so have been waiting for something like this, however currently unable to get the os to install. I have been through all the steps multiple times and have even made numerous install discs, but it always fails at the same stage – ‘install software.’
>
> Automatic network configuration is good, so I don’t believe it to be a network issue. The log says:
>
> powerpc-1(a)packages.adelielinux.org.pub for APK signing
>
> curl: error couldn’t download file: SSL certificate
>
> problem: certificate is not yet valid

Usually this means your computer's clock is wrong, specifically that the year
got reset to its default value. Please check the date in your firmware/BIOS
interface or in a terminal (you can open one from Horizon). If you need to fix
it from a terminal, something like this command should work:

  hwclock --set --date "2020-10-29 10:20:30"

> signingkey: error: The HorizonScript failed to execute
>
> Other logs have said something about Thunderbird missing, but I didn’t keep a record.
>
> I’m sure its something I’m missing, or doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated as I’m at a dead end!
>
> Thank you.

Let us know if you run into additional trouble.

Regards,
Samuel